Fulton, R.E. “Iron Man and the Science Fiction of Disability.” Nursing Clio, June 21, 2017.
Fulton, R.E. “Mail-Order Abortion: A History (and a Future?)” Nursing Clio, May 23, 2017.
Fulton, R.E. “‘Buried With Doctor’s Certificate”: Reading the Uses and Abuses of Bodies in a Medical School Thesis.” Nursing Clio, February 7, 2017.
Fulton, R.E. “Donald A. Wollheim’s Authoritative Universe: Editors, Readers, and the Construction of the Science Fiction Paperback, 1926-1969.” Book History 19 (2016): 349-383.
Fulton, R.E. “Mary, Did You Know?: An Essay on Christmas Carols, Medical History, and Reproductive Politics.” Nursing Clio, December 20, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Strange Pain, or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Womb: A Teacher’s Reflection on Bodies in History.” Nursing Clio, November 17, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Are Women Human? A Historical Mystery with Medical Interruptions.” Nursing Clio, October 26, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Pictures of an Institution: Birth Records at Old Blockley.” Nursing Clio, August 30, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Report from Pride: LGBT History Is (Not Yet) American History.” Nursing Clio, August 3, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Back in the Narrative: Hamilton As a Model for Women’s History.” Nursing Clio, May 24, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “A Letter to the Lady in Pants: Dr. Mary Edwards Walker and the History of Women (Un)Worthies.” Nursing Clio, April 21, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “‘The Only Menstrual Murderess’: Blood, Guns, and a Theory of Female Crime.” Nursing Clio, February 17, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “Whipped: An Editor, a Lady, and the (Not So) Humorous History of Women’s Anger.” Nursing Clio, January 5, 2016.
Fulton, R.E. “‘She Looks the Abortionist and the Bad Woman’: Sensation, Physiognomy, and Misogyny in Abortion Discourse.” Nursing Clio, November 19, 2015.
Fulton, R.E. “‘I Would Just Want to Fly’: Lydia Pinkham, Women’s Medicine, and Social Networks.” Nursing Clio, July 15, 2015.
Fulton, Rachel. “Media Review: Canada Science and Technology Museum,” Medical History, Vol. 57, No. 1, January 2013.
Consulting and Editing
University of Rochester (2015-2017)
Writing consultant with the Grad Writing Project
- Supported completion of two doctoral dissertations
- Provided editing services for multiple published articles
- Presented dissertation completion and publication workshops
Rochester Institute of Technology (2016-2017)
Professional consultant with the Writing Commons
- Provided consulting services for students in STEM fields, including masters’/PhD theses and articles preparing for publication
- Presented original research with a team at a professional writing center conference
See Current Projects.
Genealogical/family history project (private sponsor)
- New York State Archives
- Oneida County Historical Society
- Albany County Hall of Records
- Berkshire County Historical Society
Nineteenth-century abortion treatises (seminar work)
- Edward C. Atwater Collection of American Popular Medicine
Early science fiction fandom & publishing (honors thesis research)
- Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
- Syracuse University Libraries